Saturday, October 25, 2008

I do love my kids...REALLY I DO!!!

A friend/blogging buddy that shall remain nameless and I were talking tonight about what we blog about. More to the point, what we DON'T blog about. I, personally, don't blog about my kids very often. Why? Well, I don't really know. I guess it's because I'm with them almost all of the time and I'm a little saturated with the goings on of our family. I love them...all of them...and I do talk about them all of the time to friends and family but don't feel the need to write about them. Upon further introspection I came to the conclusion that there's just too much to say and I wouldn't know when to stop. I mean, do you really want to know the day to day ins and outs of daily victories such as convincing Ben he doesn't need to wear his Superman costume to go feed the ducks or the defeat of my not being able to go on his class trip to the Pumpkin Patch??? I ate lunch with Will at his school last week but his teacher said parents couldn't stay for the Bus Safety puppet show. Nathan is hitting every milestone and is perfect in every way except isn't talking so the pedciatritian says he needs to be referred out if he doesn't start by 18 months. Kelly has had a couple of great interviews but hasn't been led to the perfect job yet. We know it exists because the Lord leads our steps and will open the perfect door in His perfect timing. So, there ya go. Besides, other than the aforementioned nameless friend, who knows who even really even reads this thing anyway, so who cares??? Well, I guess it's settled then. I'll write about the kids occasionally but more often than not it'll be more nonsense about how I love to make lists and won't go into flea markets because of the musty smell. How I won't be in the choir at church because I cry too much during the music and that I dream in Technicolor and in crazy vivid detail. And I certainly need to share my handy household tips that I've written up for an upcoming Thursday 13!! Every post is a cobweb cleared in the dusty attic that is my overloaded and cluttered brain so here's to you, nameless friend. Get out your dustpan...this could get messy!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Just so you know, I read your blog. My problem with blogging about the kids, when you have 3. You can't talk about one child more, people will think you have a favorite. I don't have much else to blog about other than my kids, it's just hard to sit & organize your thoughts. I also try to stay positive (hard sometimes) & tell about funny & weird things. And you gotta brag a little.
Anyway, I knew you loved your kids before this post, I could just tell.

Jenny said...

I really love my kids, but some days I count down the number of days until they turn 18 and I change the locks! I really do love them!

Blessings,
Jenny

Rebekah said...

Besides, you are not only a mommy and wife but God made you uniquely you (and I'm so glad He did!) and I want to get to know THAT person not just about what's happening with the children. 'Cause when we do send them off (hopefully, this will happen) I don't want to have to catch up on what's been going on with you for the last 20 some years! : )