Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Praying for Direction

The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked: who can know it? Jeremiah 17:9
When our youngest was barely walking, my mom asked me if I had ever considered homeschooling, which was funny to me because I didn't even know she knew what it was. I couldn't even answer her for laughing!! Me? Homeschool? I have to use spell check a dozen times every time I send an e-mail, I'm more OCD than the average bear and have a scorching case of ADD. Really. There's a psychiatrist that has a folder with my name on it and he told me that he has only ever seen one person that had it worse than me. Great. And on top of that, I choose not to take medication for it. So, how in the world could I possibly homeschool? Fast forward 9 years. See, the awesome thing is, the Lord tells us in Isaiah 55:8 (and I paraphrase) that His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are above our thoughts. Meaning that if He puts His stamp on it and if I do my part, I can rock at this!! Not to mention that I have a ton of girlfriends that homeschool and that wonderful little resource called the Internet. Now, the reason for the opening scripture is to represent my desire to seek God's will for this venture. I know "I" want to homeschool but need to make sure HE wants me to. That's where the wicked heart comes in. It is my greatest desire for my boys to have a heart for the Lord and to grow to be godly men but the world has other plans. B is in 3rd grade this year and the things he is hearing at school can be defined in no other way than deviant. He doesn't like it but you know what they say: You can't un-ring a bell. I hate it that he has even been exposed to these things and although I can't take it away, I can keep it from progressing. So, I would be starting in his 4th grade year. Niblet will be in 2nd Grade next year and I'm considering keeeping him in public school while I cut my teeth on B and then pulling him out and keepig him home for 3rd. NayNay will be in the 4 day 4's program at his Christian Pre-School next year, so he's good for now. We had talked about homeschooling this year but decided that it wasn't time but looking back, I think we should have. So, for now, I reamain in fervent prayer, seeking God's direction in this most important aspect of our life. For those who stumble across this post, I would ask you to pray for us as well. In the meantime, I feel somewhat giddy as I ponder the prospect so I scour blogs and facebook pages of other homeschool moms to hopefully gain insight and prepare. We shall see...

No comments: