Thursday, June 12, 2008

Who Knew?

So, I'm in my mid-rise, mid-town apartment about mid-afternoon, and I run in the other room to do...something, I dunno. And I look up at the TV and there are Cindy and Ray from Star 94 with their own little talk show! What? How do I not know about this? As the camera pans across the studio you see Cindy change out some props on the table between them which is funny for a couple of reasons: One, the studio is really lo-tech (in kind of a minimalistic and apparantly low budget kind of way), in an uptown loft kind of space and the other thing is that Cindy is having to do this stuff herself. Now, I know Cindy and she's totally not a Diva (Ray? Maybe a little. HaHa, just kidding) but she shouldn't have to do that stuff herself!! I mean, really! Then I realize that I'm seeing some kind of sattelite feed and that I/we weren't supposed to see her do it. The main camera must've been on Ray. So, I'm about to run into the other room and e-mail her when I see a dog on the sofa on the other side of their studio that looks like my Sport...(FYI...who looks like Murry on Mad About You). I mean just like him! Well, except Sport's more reddish and less blond like the dog I saw. And then he's been dead for over a year too so it couldn't have been him. Plus, if it had been Sport, I'd have been there applying Neo-To-Go and a SpongeBob band-aid while stitching up the pants of the guy about to be on to show 16 ways to eat Cheetos with Cool Whip. Ok, I don't have time to watch TV...and I don't like Cheeto's so I need to call the Nanny of the kids downstairs to borrow their vacuum. Ring...Ring...Hello?... Can I come down and borrow your vaccum?...We don't have one, the maid does it...Well, so and So, your employer, said you did: It's in the closet by the front door...Mutter's under her breath---> I hate that *BLEEP*. And as she realizes that I heard her, which is suprising considering all the metal in her face and chemical irritation from at least three hair colors, I say "Well, Thanks anyway", and hang up as I ignored her attempt to cover up. I don't like to vacuum anyway!
OK, not really, I l-o-v-e to vacuum.

~ ~ ~ ~
So much for a peaceful nap.


I miss you Sport...

No comments: