Monday, June 23, 2008

THE THORN IN MY SIDE

You know, there aren't many things in life that really, really get to me, but I'd rather have a root canal than put up laundry. I don't mind the sorting, washing and drying of it, or even the folding, but the putting it away is without a doubt, for me, a true source of misery. In fact, to say that I hate it would be a gross understatement. I seem to recall being very pregnant with baby #3 and getting behind on laundry. All I have to say is thank heaven for the pack and play because it was the catch all for all of our clean clothes for about three weeks. But then, I guess the real questions is: Where does it all come from??? Ok, I get the towels. There are, after all, five of us, but it's the random articles of clothing that appear scattered on the laundry room floor that amazes me on a daily basis. I just peeked in to the laundry room to see if I could spot the mystery garment of the day and it's a long sleeved t-shirt of B's. It was 92* today!! These are the things that cause me to put my head in my hands and think of how nice it must be for the women of the tribes of New Guinea to only have to put away the occasional loin cloth. Sure, they have to go down to the river and beat them against a rock but I promise you that there are days that I'd trade most all that I have for that luxury!

No comments: