Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ahhhh, Summer.



VBS is finally over for another year and I'm already thinking about 2009. First, let me make it perfectly clear that the main goal of VBS is sharing the gospel with as many kids as possible and making sure they have a great time. The next most important thing is decorating your room!!! This year was Outrigger Island and I was pretty happy with the way my room turned out. I mean, what's easier than making a palm tree? The pictures are of Niblet and the backdrop I made to take a picture of each of the kids for the Friday picture frame craft. Next years theme is the Outback / Australia and the wheels are already turning. There's only one problem: I don't know a thing about it. So, good thing I have a whole year to learn!! I had a great group of 21 kids this year and they were all 4 year olds with Sept-Dec 2003 birthdays. So now that all of our comittments are over, we can get on with summer. Afternoons at the pool, running outside when we hear the ice cream truck and the long awaited trip to the beach. I also told KB that I was NOT going to complain about the heat this year. I don't know about you but I got sick of the cold, damp weather about mid-January and I didn't think it was ever going to end! Well, it did end and it's hot as all get out...BUT I'M NOT COMPLAINING!! Unitl August...That was the exception to my promise. Everybody has the right ot complain about the heat in August!! So, there you go.

No comments: