Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Famous People

I was just reading John Mayers Blog. You know. The cute, curly haired kid that sings and dates that famous girl. I really enjoyed it and it also brings me to my point: Why do we care? I used to care. I don't really know why. Probably because I was living is Craphole, Alabama and loved the idea of something more glamorous than riding around with my friends and a 6-pack. But, now I've grown up, said bye-bye to Craphole and hello to big city. I traded the 6-pack for Aquafina and twenty years, a husband and three kids later, I finally figured out that there's no difference between me and aforementioned famous girl. Well, I can't fit into her jeans but I can live with that. It's all relevant. At the end of the day, the "famous" people are just people that probably make a little more money and know other "famous" people but, they still get sick, fight with their family, have dogs that die and cry at sad movies. They fall in and out of love, go to church (some/not enough of them) and many don't eat their vegetables like they should. They have hobbies, savings accounts and complained about gas when it was crazy expensive. Bad sushi does the same thing to them as it does to me so we'll just leave that one alone.
So, now when I see one of the gossip magazines spouting this and that I just shake my head and remember that there are still enough people that do care to keep those aweful magazines in buisness. Too bad, too. All the "famous" people want to do is act, make music, make us laugh and maybe sing a little. And I'll also bet that on some days, there are one or two of them that would trade where they are for Craphole, a friend and a 6-pack. Maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

No comments: